The Peace Corner Youth Center offers after school programming for youth ages 6-17. Programs operate from 4:00pm-7:30pm Monday through Friday. Students begin their time here with a nutritious snack, followed by required homework completion. Students then transition to a number of structured activities. These touch on many themes including: life skills, service learning, academic enrichment, arts and culture, hobbies, and sports. The Peace Corner creatively utilizes our on-site computer lab, classrooms and multi-purpose gym facility.
After School Program Goals for Youth
- Actively engage in learning, strive to do well in school, and be optimistic about a personal future.
- Develop healthy lifestyle habits and refrain from risk-taking behaviors.
- Seek opportunities to try and develop new skills, build friendships, and participate in culturally enriching experiences.
- Develop positive relationships with caring adults, seek support with decision making especially in times of personal stress.
- Develop a sense of belonging to a community and an awareness of personal responsibility to that community.