The Peace Corner Youth Center offers after school programming for youth ages 6-17. Exact hours will depend on the CPS dismissal time; programs typically operate from 3:00pm-6:00pm Monday through Friday. Students begin their time here with a nutritious snack, followed by required homework completion. Students then transition to structured activities. Themes include: life skills such as stress management techniques; academic enrichment; arts and culture; hobbies, and sports. The Peace Corner creatively utilizes our facility including on-site computer lab, classrooms, and multi-purpose gym.
Things will look a little different this Fall as we carefully prepare for COVID-19 protocols and health screenings. Masks are required and seating is sufficiently spaced apart. More preparations are in progress, check back here for updates!
After School Program Goals for Youth
- Actively engage in learning, strive to do well in school, and be optimistic about a personal future.
- Develop healthy lifestyle habits and refrain from risk-taking behaviors.
- Seek opportunities to try and develop new skills, build friendships, and participate in culturally enriching experiences.
- Develop positive relationships with caring adults, seek support with decision making especially in times of personal stress.
- Develop a sense of belonging to a community and an awareness of personal responsibility to that community.